Broadcast Quality Camera-mount Shotgun
For videographers who need a simple way to record audio but refuse to sacrifice sound quality, The Rode VideoMic NTG puts broadcast-level shotgun mic performance in a convenient camera-mount format. Employing the same revolutionary acoustic design as the Rode NTG5 broadcast shotgun mic, the VideoMic NTG is covered in perforated soundholes along its length, which help deliver stunningly accurate and uncolored recordings. With its highly directional supercardioid polar pattern and flat frequency response, the VideoMic NTG is exceptionally versatile and can be used in a variety of applications, including narrative and documentary filmmaking, livestreaming, and YouTube content creation.
Tackles common field recording issues
Designed to circumvent common field recording issues, the VideoMic NTG is outfitted with a switchable highpass filter to reduce low-frequency rumble, a high-frequency boost to restore lost sparkle from windscreens and furries, a -20dB pad for loud sources, a peak warning light to prevent distortion, and a switchable safety channel that records a backup channel at -20dB in case the main channel gets clipped. Also, when you’re out in the field, the last thing you want to worry about is replacing a dead battery. That’s why Rode equipped the VideoMic NTG with a high-performance rechargeable lithium-ion battery with 30+ hours of battery life that can be charged via USB while in operation.
Works with any capture device
The VideoMic NTG is built for flexibility and ready for any recording situation. A unique, infinitely variable gain control makes it easy to match the output level from the mic to the input level of a recording device. Whether you’re recording straight into a camera, mobile device, preamp, or other external interface, you’ll get perfect gain staging every time. And an auto-sensing 3.5mm input automatically switches between TRS and TRRS inputs, eliminating the need for adapter cables. Additionally, it doubles as a full-featured USB microphone perfect for voiceovers and podcasting!
Rode VideoMic NTG Camera-mount Shotgun Microphone Features:
- Annular line tube technology design for an incredibly natural, and transparent sound
- Precision miking with an ultra-tight supercardioid polar patterns
- Infinitely variable gain control makes it easy to match the output level (from mic-, to line-, to headphone-level) to an input device
- Auto-sensing 3.5mm output automatically detects whether an input is TRS or TRRS and adjusts, eliminating the need for adaptor cables
- Can be used as a desktop USB mic for voiceovers, livestreaming, and podcasting
- Switchable 75Hz/150Hz highpass filter, high-frequency boost, and -20dB pad
- Switchable safety channel records a separate -20dB channel to use in case clipping occurs on the main channel
- 30+ hours of recording time with built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Rycote Lyre shockmount reduces low-end rumble and keeps audio clean
- Durable aerospace-grade aluminum construction